- Best GTA Online Roleplay Servers - March 5, 2023
- How to Register as a VIP in GTA 5 - March 5, 2023
- Where is the Army Base in GTA 5 - February 3, 2023
Much like the GTA 5 story mode, your goal in GTA Online is to become rich beyond your wildest dreams and build an empire. Unfortunately, unlike the story mode, this takes hundreds of hours, and you need to be calculated in your actions to maximize both your time and investments.
This is mainly achieved by purchasing and growing multiple businesses, from creating counterfeit money, selling narcotics, and becoming an arms dealer. Here is how to register as a VIP in GTA 5 and what you can do to build your empire in the game.
Bottom Line Up Front
In GTA Online, you can own many different businesses which are used to build your fortune in the game. When it comes to businesses, you will hear the words VIP, CEO, and President quite frequently, each with businesses they can own and tasks they can perform.
The VIP role can be seen as a step down from the CEO status, and as you progress in GTA Online, you will be able to become a CEO.
To become a VIP, your character needs to have $50,000. You can then use the in-game menu to access the SecuroServ menu and then click “Register as a VIP.”
By becoming a VIP, you can hire other players to act as your bodyguards or perform tasks for you, such as completing missions. Although being a VIP can be fun and useful, you should aim to progress to becoming a CEO as quickly as possible.
President vs VIP CEO in GTA Online?
In GTA Online, you can become either an MC President or a VIP/CEO. You are unable to be both at the same time, but you are free to resign as one at any time without it affecting your businesses. You must also re-register each time you log into the game.
Being a President and CEO will allow you to own the businesses available in GTA Online, with each being able to run their own set. In order to manage your businesses, you must register as either a President or CEO, depending on which businesses you want to manage, and you must resign and register again if you want to switch which businesses you want to use.
This can become incredibly tedious over time and is definitely one of the most illogical things in the game that serves no beneficial purpose to being a mechanic in the game.
It is worth noting that there is no difference between being a President or VIP/CEO in GTA Online outside of the businesses you can operate while in the role.
How to Become a VIP and CEO in Grand Theft Auto Online
Registering as a VIP, CEO, or President requires the same steps as each other, but with one difference when becoming a VIP vs. CEO or President.
- Open the in-game menu.
- Scroll down to the SecuroServ option
- Click it and then click “Register as a VIP.”
This process is the same for becoming a CEO, just with you selecting “Register as a CEO,” and to become a President, you select the Motorcycle Club option and then click “Start a Motorcycle Club.”
The Differences Between a VIP and CEO
In GTA Online, a VIP and a CEO are very similar, with the VIP role being a step towards becoming a CEO.
To gain VIP status, you must have $50,000 in cash in the game. Once you have the cash needed, you can open the in-game menu, select the SecuroServ option, and click “Register as a VIP.”
Being a VIP lasts for four hours before you have to register again, as long as you have the required $50,000 in your account. Time spent doing a job or heist won’t count towards the four-hour timer; it is just time spent in free mode.
Once you are a VIP, you can hire a security team to protect you from other players and enemies and participate in VIP work.
To become a CEO, you need to own an Office. Once you have this, you can register in the same way as becoming a VIP.
The main difference between a VIP and a CEO position is that you can own and operate multiple businesses. You also don’t need $50,000 to register, and there is no time limit to being a CEO. Once you own an Executive Office, you can no longer register as a VIP and can only become a CEO.
There are four Offices to purchase in GTA Online; you can see their locations below or by going to the Dynasty 8 Executive website in the in-game internet browser. If you buy the Criminal Enterprises pack, you will receive a CEO Office, skipping the need to become a VIP.
By becoming a VIP, you can participate in a VIP mission, including jobs such as stealing vehicles or defending special cargo. Completing these missions can be a great way to earn extra money.
Here is a list of all the VIP jobs you can participate in.
- Airfreight (1+ Players) – One player must collect a Cargobob and deliver it to the drop-off point before other players take them out.
- Asset Recovery (1+ Players) – steal a marked vehicle and deliver it to one of five drop-off locations.
- Executive Deathmatch (2+ Players) – take part in a deathmatch with other VIPs and CEOs.
- Executive Search (2+ Players) – A hide-and-seek mission with other VIP players.
- Haulage (2+ Players) – One player must locate and collect a trailer and take it to the drop-off point.
- Headhunter (1+ Players) – One player must eliminate other players before the time runs out.
- Hostile Takeover (1+ Players) – Steal and deliver a document to a drop-off location.
- Piracy Prevention (2+ Players) – Defend your yacht from other players (You must own a yacht to take part in this mission).
- Sightseer (1+ Players) – Locate and collect three packages.
Note: These final missions require you to own the vehicle used in the mission.
- Amphibious Assault (2-4 Players) – Use a Technical Aqua vehicle to destroy supply crates.
- Fortified (1-4 Players) – Survive an onslaught until the timer runs out while driving an Armored Boxville.
- Fully Loaded (1-4 Players) – Use a Ruiner 2000 to destroy turreted vehicles.
- Plowed (1-4 Players) – Use a Phantom Wedge to destroy supply crates.
- Ramped Up (2-4 Players) – Collect cargo crates with a Ramp Buggy.
- Stockpiling (1-4 Players) – Use a Blazer Aqua to collect cargo crates.
- Transporter (1-4 Players) – Deliver a vehicle while using the Wastelander.
- Velocity (1-4 Players) – Stay at top speed using a Rocket Voltic to stop a bomb from exploding.
What Businesses You Can Run as a VIP, CEO, and President
You cannot run any businesses as a VIP, but you can as a CEO or President.
Here are the businesses you can operate in each role.
- Cargo Warehouse
- Vehicle Warehouse
- Cocaine Lockup
- Counterfeit Cash Factory
- Document Forgery Office
- Methamphetamine Lab
- Weed Farms
You can purchase and operate numerous buildings and businesses regardless of whether you’re a CEO or President. These are:
Question: Should I Become a VIP in GTA Online?
Answer: Becoming a VIP can be a great way to earn money early on in GTA Online by completing VIP work and various other tasks and being a great form of protection.
There is no reason not to become a VIP in the game; you will eventually be able to level up to become a CEO or President too, offering even more incentives and rewards.
Question: Which Types of Sessions Can I be a VIP?
Answer: You are able to become a VIP in all types of lobbies, including public, invite-only, and solo lobbies. There is also no restriction on becoming a CEO or President in any lobby type either.
Question: Is there an MC President Equivalent of a VIP?
Answer: Unlike the VIP role being connected to becoming a CEO, there is no equivalent for the MC President. Instead, you can register to become a President as soon as you purchase a Clubhouse.
This is much cheaper than an Office, so consider this when saving your money early on in the game. If you purchase the Criminal Enterprises pack, you will receive a Clubhouse and Office as part of the pack.
Becoming a VIP can be a great way to earn money during the early stages of GTA Online, helping you to purchase your first Office and become a CEO.
Although you can’t operate any businesses as a VIP, it is a great way to get to grips with some of the game’s mechanics. It will help set you on the right path toward making millions and building your criminal empire in the game.